Black Gold Marble
Black and Gold Marble Brief Introduction
Black & Gold Marble, also named Portoro Marble, Portoro Gold Marble, and Michelangelo Marble, is popular used for flooring, cladding, border lines, countertops, etc. This stone is famous for black background color with gold strips veins.
Three Kinds Popular Black Gold Marble List
There are many kinds of Portoro marble in the world, and three of them are widely used. They are Afghan Black Gold Marble, Athens Black Gold Marble and Italian Black Gold Marble. We will elaborate them respectively in the following paragraphs.
Afghan Portoro Marble
In fact, Afghan Black Gold Marble quarry is located in the Balochistan province, southwest of Pakistan. In China, it is sold as Afghan Black Gold Marble, so some people may think it is from Afghanistan.
From the above two pictures, we can find except the gold (brown) veins, there are also some white veins spread on the surface, and this marble technical specifications as following.
|Compressive Strength||1,862 kg/cm2|
|After Freezing||1,597 kg/cm2|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||104 kg/cm2|
|Coef. Thermal Expansion||0.0050 mm/m°c|
|Impact Test Min.Fall Height||25.00 cm|
|Bulk Density||2,712 kg/cm3|
Most Afghan Black Gold Marble slabs have crack lines, you can see it from the tile picture, so normally it is not suitable for big size countertops, but it is ok for tiles, small tables, cladding, border lines, etc. Moreover, this one is the cheapest black gold marble, suitable for large area installation.
The inventory slabs surface is polished normally, thickness 1.4-1.5cm and 1.7-1.8cm. For other surface treatments (such as honed, leather, etc) and other thicknesses (3cm, 4cm, 5cm, etc), they are also available, we can do it for you.
Athens Portoro Marble
Although this marble name is Athens Portoro Marble, actually this marble is from Yunnan Province, the southwest of China. Same as Afghan Black Gold marble, because of the name, many people think it is from Greece.
Athens Black Gold Marble is a beautiful black with gold mesh veins and very few white strips, some veins are a little brown color, and some are very gold. Except the mesh shape veins, this marble also has gold strips shape veins, and if you need less veins slabs, we can supply it for you too. The technical specifications are as below.
|Bulk Density||2,640 kg/cm3|
|Compressive Strength||106.7 Mpa|
|Flexural Strength||21.4 Mpa|
This stone structure is very good, can be used for tiles, slabs, countertops, etc. The above are the pictures for the vanity tops we did for United States customer. Black stone is easily to get scratches from the knock, and the scratches are very obvious, so we put a transparent film on the marble slabsurface to avoid these scratches before cutting.
Athens Portoro Marble Leather Rough Face
The above leather face of Athens Black & Gold Marble is normally used for wall decoration. We do it by acid-pickling without brushed. Because of no brushed, so the surface is too rough for barefoot touching, and it will be better to install the place where we won’t touch directly with our body.
Athens Portoro Marble Leather Smooth Face
This surface is good for anti-slip, and can be widely used for pool surrounding flooring tiles and bathroom flooring tiles, it is also smooth and comfortable for our foot to step on it. We acid pickle it and brush it multi times. Both slab and cut to size can do this surface.
Athens Black Gold Marble Honed Face
Honed surface, also called matt surface, is another popular used stone surface treatment, especially enjoy good reputation in United States and Australia. This surface don’t reflect light and very smooth, and also has a certain effect on anti-slip. Athens Black Gold Marble honed surface is also very nice.
Athens Black Gold Marble Project
Athens Black Gold Marble is a very good quality Black Gold Marble, the price is cheaper than Italy one, and the quality is much better than Afghan one. The background color is very black and the veins are very nice. Some customers buy this material to replace Italian Black Gold Marble. The slabs normal thickness are 1.5cm and 1.8cm, polished surface. Other thicknesses and surface treatment are also available, we can cut for you.
Italian Portoro Marble
Not like Afghan Black Gold Marble and Athens Black and Gold Marble, Italian Portoro Marble is really from Italy, and it is most luxurious Portoro Marble in the world.
Italian Portoro Marble structure is also very nice, elegant gold veins and some small white strips on the very black background color. Its technical specifications are as following.
|Bulk Density||2,725 kg/cm3|
|Compressive Strength||131 Mpa|
|Flexural Strength||10.3 Mpa|
This marble quality is good, can be used for tiles, slabs, countertops, staircases, windowsills, etc. However, its price is almost ten times of other two kinds portoro marbles, so normally it is not used for large-scale area. Moreover, in the market, many this material slabs are not pure stone, they are composite with other materials (glass, porcelain, granite, etc), this can grealy reduce costs and prices. The popular thicknesses are 1.8cm and 2.0cm for the pure marble slabs, and it is about 5mm thickness italian black gold marble and 15 mm other composite materials for the composite slabs.
To sum up, Black Gold Marble is a very popular black marble material with diverse gold veins and white strips. Each kind Portoro Marble has its characters. There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people’s eyes, different designers have different tastes and different ideas. if only considering stone structure and prices, we would like to recommend the Athens Black Gold Marble for you, it has very good stone structure and moderate price. Except these three kinds portoro marbles, if you need other portoro marble, please tell us freely.
How to pack and load marble slabs and tiles?
- Packing: Fumigated seaworthy wooden bundles, reinforce with steel bars and iron angles, 8-15 pieces per bundle;
- Loading: 6-8 bundles per 20ft container.
We have professional container loading team to load the marble slabs, they have many years container loading experience. Furthermore, our company experienced inspectors will supervise the container loading and take pictures for you.
How to arrange the shipment from China ?
- If we send our inventory slabs pictures for you, and you can confirm them very soon, the shipment can be arranged within one week.
- Or you confirm the marble color and vein style for us, and transfer the deposit for us, then we will arrange the blocks cutting, normally the goods can be ready in 15-20 days for the first shipment (about one or two containers).
- We work with many Chinese freight forwarder to arrange the shipment and custom clearance for you, even if you don’t have any import experience.
- We are also offer delivery to your door service, which saves much time and trouble for you.
What's MOQ ?
- MOQ is one bundle, about 8-15pcs, 50-80 square meters.
How to pay ?
- 30% deposit and 70 %balance against B/L Copy or L/C at sight.
- Pay methods include T/T, L/C, western union, cash and paypal, etc.
How to visit your factory?
- Our factory is located in Shuitou Town, Nan’an, Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China. Here is the biggest stone center of China.
- If you are in Guangzhou, you can come to Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport by air, it costs about one hour and thirty minutes, and we will arrange a car to pick you from the airport to our factory, it needs about 40-50 minutes.
- You can also by the bullet train from Shenzhen North Station to Xiamen North Station, it costs about three hours and forty minutes, then we arrange a car to pick you to our factory, it needs about 40-50 minutes.
- Welcome to visit our factory!
One to one service
- We have professional and experienced sales team to give you recommendation about the material selection, and the CAD engineers can create drawings for you.